A room of butterflies
Surrounding the museum itself is a taste of the natural environment in a bustling city. Plants from all over the midwest change with the seasons as birds fly around and all sorts of animals swim and bathe in the North Pond Nature Sanctuary. Walking (or running or biking) through here is like teleporting into a different world.
Oh, and if you are planning a wedding, I would absolutely recommend this architecturally unique museum as a venue!
- If you get a chance, definitely stop by or take a walk outdoors. It's $9 (for adults) to enter the museum itself, but it's free to stroll outdoors.
- The museum has a bird walk above the terrace - it's an amateur bird watcher's paradise.
- If you have a jacket, take it off when you go into the butterfly room (it's hot), but make sure there are no butterflies stuck on you when you leave the room.
- This museum is catered more towards children, but it's also fun for adults during a short outing.
- There is free street parking outside the museum or pricey parking across the street and at Lincoln Park Zoo. But the easiest way to get here is either by walking or by bus.